Though outsourcing has become an integral part of an IT business, still it is the most debated topic in the realm of IT industry. Companies usually adopt outsourcing to enhance their productivity and efficiency and to ameliorate their profit and growth. As per the research which is conducted by IBM, companies and enterprises outsource to cut costs (27%), for innovation (36%), and for growth (37%).
The companies like start-ups, SMEs, and even big corporates prefer outsourcing for the development part of their project. The development can be web development, software development, or an app development.
What are the benefits of hiring remote developers?
If you can outsource a part of your project, then it can significantly improve your productivity and efficiency. Let’s unravel some important things what are the benefits of outsourcing remote developers.
1. A large pool of talents: When you are hiring remote developers, you will be blessed with a large pool of talented people who are much more experienced and proficient than your local developers. Generally, the talent and experience of local developers are limited. So, if you want to enhance the quality of your project, then you should go for remote developers who are much more sagacious and adroit.
2. Cost is less: The cost is also less when you are going to remote developers. Because you don’t need to pay them a monthly salary, daily wages, and other allowances. Even you don’t have any office maintenance cost. Only you need to pay the development cost after the completion of your project.
You Might Also Like : SINGLE PAGE APPLICATIONS VS. MULTI PAGE APPLICATIONS – DOES IT REALLY MATTER?
3. Turnaround time: Turnaround time is another core reason why you should go for remote developers. They offer high-quality development in the shortest period of time which will successfully meet the expectations of your client. These developers have the adequate resources that your in-house team can’t provide. So, if you have to complete your projects on an urgent basis, the best option is to hire remote developers.
4. You feel relaxed and stay contentedly: Since most of the remote developers are skillful and pedantic, you don’t need to supervise them in every step. Whenever required, you can give your inputs for the changes or edit, but apart from that you can sit relaxed and can happily sip a cup of coffee.
5. No commute time: This is another advantage that you should go for remote developers for your projects. When you are going to remote developers, there is no commute or travel time involved. This will save your developer’s time as well as your time.
From the above points, you have an adequate knowledge regarding how can you get benefitted by hiring remote developers. Now, we are going to discuss what are the factors or things that you need to consider for outsourcing
The determining factors for outsourcing,
1. Good communication skill: Good communication skill is an imperative quality that you should check if you are planning to hire a remote developer. Since most of the time you need to communicate via telephone and emails due to the geographical barrier, so your developers should convey their messages very firmly and succinctly. So, good communication skill is an absolute necessity for the remote developers. If your remove development team is communicative, understands your updates, and provides you with the requisite feedback, then this will help you in the execution of your project and will also boost the success rate. Development projects are mostly technical, there should be a guarantee of seamless communication with your remote development team.
2. Technical skills and expertise: Technology is evolving day by day and the clients are also becoming demanding with the advancement of technology. Before hiring a remote development team, you make sure that all your developers are equipped with the latest technologies and have an adequate knowledge of the latest tools so that they can develop an app, software, or website in a more optimized way. This will also enhance the efficiency of your development process. Your developer should also always adhere to the latest technology standards to ensure that your project never goes outdated. They should have a comprehensive knowledge of responsive design and a mobile-friendly interface. It is true that good technical knowledge and expertise will ensure a better quality of work for your ongoing projects.
3. Check reviews and ratings: Don’t forget to check the reviews and ratings of the remote developers before hiring them for your projects. The websites like Clutch, GitHub, Upwork, Dribble, etc. will help you to find the best and experienced developers with trustworthy reviews and ratings. So, before hiring them, check their reviews on Google. This will also help you to get an idea about their past work, credibility, proficiency, and how successfully they can execute your project. If you want to hire a remote app development company, then check its rating on Clutch. It won’t be a prudent decision for you if you hire a remote development company for your project without checking their ratings and reviews.
4. Check the portfolio: All the past works and portfolio that are developed by the team will help you to get an idea about their services, quality of work, and expertise. Before taking the final call, ask your remove developers to submit some works particularly on your niche. Checking similar projects will ensure that you are going with the right team of developers. Always try to work with those remote developers who hold a strong portfolio and have experienced in multifarious domains.
5. Ask for referrals: Market reputation is an important criterion when you are planning on outsourcing. You must ask them to give some references from their previous projects or works. If you get feedback from their old clients, then you will get a better insight of the team and you will be able to understand whether they are the best team for your project or not.
6. Go for a small test project: Before signing any contract with your remote development team, always go for a small test project to decide whether they are capable or not for your project. If the developers are successful in accomplishing your requirement, then you can proceed further with them and can hire them for your projects. The test project must be something that will define their technical skills. You can also take a video interview to understand their communication skills and how effectively they can incorporate your inputs into the development process. You also need to check their expertise on coding. There are many amazing tools available in the market which will help you to evaluate the remote candidates using a real-time code editor. Some popular tools are Codeshare, CoderPad, and Codepen.
7. Pricing: The pricing is a game changer when you are planning on outsourcing your projects. You can take the quotation from 2-3 remote vendors and then choose the best one which gives you the most competitive rate. Don’t go with the vendor which quotes a very low price because sometimes, this may tarnish the quality of your project. Low-budget doesn’t mean that you will get the best quality from the vendor. It is always recommendable that you must take quotations from 2 or 3 vendors and then compare them with the market price.
8. Consider the time zone: when you are planning to hire remote developers for your project, you are free to take them from anywhere across the globe. So, make sure that your remote development agency is wary of the client’s deadlines and can effectively communicate keeping in mind the time zones. If required depending on the time zone, both of you can set up a reasonable timeline for the project so that you can’t create an unnecessary pressure on your remote developer or your remote developer can’t take an indefinite period of time to complete the task.
9. Go for agencies, not for the freelancers: If you are looking to hire remote developers, always go for the agencies, not for the freelancers. Because the agencies are crammed with many talented and deft developers who can happily accomplish your project. Moreover, the agency can also give you various other services like content marketing, digital media marketing, SEO, web design, etc. They are also equipped with the proper infrastructure and resources. Since they are professional, they will meet your deadline and thus, the turnaround time is less when you are going for an agency. On the other hand, most of the freelancers will not take your assignment seriously. They will take more time as they have lack of experiences and redundancy services.
10. Do a thorough research: Before hiring a remote developer, do an in-depth research about them. Every single information about them is very crucial for you as it will help you to decide whether you should proceed or not. Try to follow them on various social media channels to get a better view about them. This will also help you to get an idea whether the vendor is genuine or not. If required, you can take references from others who hired a remote development team within a six months.
It is not a facile and simple job to hire remote developers for your projects. Since the entire process happens through digital mediums, you need to consider a chunk of factors while you are outsourcing your projects. If not done properly, it creates misconception, wrong assumptions, and vague results. All these things will ultimately tarnish your brand image and market reputation. But the above-mentioned points will help you to consider the important criteria that you need to check before hiring remote developers. Moreover, it also improves your overall hiring process and will help you to complete your development job without any hassle.
We are a leading web app development company India and we strive to deliver the best-in-class service and has become the go-to partner in outsourcing for last 8+ years. And be sure, you are partnering with years of experience in unique projects. Contact Us Now!