Nowadays, a mobile app is the utmost weapon by which a company can fascinate new customers and simultaneously also maintain their regular customers. With these mobile apps, most of the people are now accessing their desired information, finding products and services and even making purchases. According to the statistics, as of 2015, there are near about 4.43 billion mobile users throughout the world and number is likely to reach to 5.07 billion by 2019. Apart from attracting new customers, a well-designed and coherent mobile application will also increase the conversion rate. So, it can be concluded that a mobile application acts as a catalyst which can satisfactorily increase the customer base of a company.
By seeing the growing demand for mobile applications, many companies and enterprises are showing their propensity in designing their own apps which can boost their business ten times. Though apps are very beneficial for the users it is also true that the app development process is not at all a simple endeavor, a lot of intricacies are hidden in every step of development. Hence, a company needs to employ some top mobile app developers who can successfully accomplish the whole development process.
If you are planning to develop an app, then you also need to invest a chunk of money because in every phase of development process you need to spend a lot of money. Before you proceed to the app development process, let’s sort out some queries that are roaming in your mind.
The first question that should be wandering in your mind is what is mobile application development?
While you are planning to design a mobile app, you need to remember certain points. Here, we are mentioning some points that you should think before developing your app.
1. Platform: This is an imperative parameter and it plays a significant role when you are planning to develop your app. Before choosing the platforms for your app, you need to decide the location where you want to launch your application and your target customer If you are planning to launch your application in the countries like the USA, then keep the focus on iOS platform. Similarly, you can choose Android platform which is being preferred in the countries like India. Once you decide the platform, you will get more coverage and audience base for your application.
3. Backend: This is another important thing that you need consider as most of the application today are API driven. At the very same time, not all applications that are developed by you won’t require a customize backend programming and can easily connect to other mobiles using APIs. So, you can proceed comfortably with your local database as such applications don’t require the support of the backend.
4. Target audience: Before developing your app, wisely identify your target audience and if required, do a thorough research on that. Your aim is to serve the people in a better way so that you can generate good businesses. Never miss the important factors like locality in which your application will going to be launched, age group, any other preferences, etc. If your application deals with the buying and selling, then it should be very professional in terms of look and should meet all the standards of buying and selling.
5. User interface and design: If you ignore the UI/UX and design, then your application will not get a good response from the audiences. The UI/UX design is the most significant pixel because it decides the success of your application. For this, you need to clearly understand the difference between user interface and User experience. A good application always possesses both these traits. While designing your app, make sure that your developer and designers have an in-depth knowledge of both user interface and user experience. That’s why app development part is the most crucial part because your app’s success depends on it. A plethora of statistics has also claimed that 99% people don’t return to the applications because they feel that the apps are not compelling and user-friendly.
6. Do a thorough competitor analysis: Before launching your app, do an in-depth analysis of your competitors. Most of the people ignore this step and hence these days, the app stores are flooded with thousands of apps of the same category and they are vying with each other to grab the attention of the customers. If you want your application to become successful then offer something that is not available in other application before. In early 2012 there were only a few applications and the market the market was also open. But over the past few years, the mobile apps are growing hurriedly and very often, you can see that multiple applications parallel to one development idea. So, go for some unique idea which can grab the attention of the customers.
You Might Also Like: FACTORS THAT YOU SHOULD EVALUATE WHILE OUTSOURCING REMOTE DEVELOPERS
7. Test your app before it launches in the market: Your application should be easy to understand, user-friendly, and will always give the best performance. Thus, it is very imperative to test your mobile application before you are planning to launch it in the market. The testing will give you an idea how your audience will react when they will see or use for the application. A thorough testing will allow you to iron out any nooks and crannies before it reaches the mass market. First, you go for alpha testing and then, at the second phase, you can go for beta testing. You may recruit some efficient and deft beta testers and try to improvise everything you can as per the observations. These days, the markets are crammed with many testing tools which will help you to organize the beta testing.
8. Plan for multiple releases: This could be a great idea if you want to keep your users engaged with your application. Always plan for multiple releases after releasing the initial version of your app. A plethora of studies have claimed that many users will re-engage with your application when they found new features are incorporated into the app. But be careful not to release too often, lest users feel bombarded. A gap of 2-3 months between the releases will instigate the interests of your users and will keep them engaged over a longer period of time.
9. Plan your budget in advance: Mobile app development is indubitably a costly endeavor. You need to spend a humungous amount of money in every step of your application including the development part. Planning your budget in an advance and allocating it among every step is very important if you want success in this steep competitive era. It would be better if you hire someone who can keep a strict eye on every step to ensure that your budget will remain constant until the end of the process.
10. Plan to analyse: The final step of your app development process is to measure success. With a morass of potential features, devices, platforms and technologies, success can be very challenging to define and it can affect your strategy. So, ask the following questions firmly.
- Will your app increase your customer base and retention?
- Will it enhance your brand value and loyalty?
- Will it decrease or lessen your cost?
- Will it enhance your revenue?
- How many people do you want to use your app?
- How are you planning to integrate social media with your app?
- How will you integrate it with your existing analytics tools to get a better insight?
11. Make a robust app marketing strategy: Creating a buzz is very important if you want that your app will reach the zenith of success. You need to make and execute your app marketing strategy at the appropriate time. Most of the mobile app developers don’t get success because they don’t make a strong app marketing and execution process. Generally, the developers should start app marketing at least before 2-3 weeks before launching to let the users know. If you want to get an overwhelming response to your app, then creating a buzz is very pertinent.
The app development process is always a tedious job. You need to spend a lot of time in researching, developing, testing, marketing processes, etc. to make your app successful. The above we mentioned some traits that you must consider while developing a mobile application if you want to generate a good business from it.
Norjimm is a web application development company India offering state-of-the-art technology services. With the expertise in latest technologies, we have been able to create an everlasting impact and help various brand innovations great heights. Contact Us for outsourcing any of your application requirements.