These days enterprises have started embracing technology like never before and that’s why the popularity of mobile apps both hybrid and native are growing hurriedly. Hybrid mobile applications have many resemblances with other applications and they get easily installed on your mobile devices. That’s why the users are showing their proximity to hybrid apps. Once you have installed these hybrid apps on your mobile, you can play games, engage your friends through social media sites, take photos, monitor your health, and can do much more things.
How are hybrid mobile apps built?
A popular example of Hybrid apps
Now, we are going to reveal some popular examples of hybrid apps and you must be astonished once you have heard these apps’ name.
- Amazon Appstore
- Apple Appstore
Users point of view
From a user’s point of view, there should be no striking differences between a hybrid app and a native app. The customers or users really don’t care how an application is made rather they usually check whether the app can meet their expectations or not. It is the company which detects and decides which platforms are needed so that they can build a compelling application which can reach as many users as possible.
Developers point of view
Developers think slightly different way from the users. The developers prefer hybrid apps over the native apps because no developer wants to maintain multiple code bases willingly specially when given the option to support only one. So, in a nutshell, hybrid apps are the popular choices for the developers.
Let’s take a look at what choices are there for the hybrid app developers in 2018 and in upcoming years?
Flutter: Flutter is an intriguing framework for Dart which focuses on the concept of Widgets. Though it is in beta stage and the learning resources are also limited, still, it is highly recommendable for those who are desperately looking for a Dart-based solution. This framework supports a variety of expected mobile development features like hot reloading, device API access, performance profiling, and many more. Flutter is also supported by desktop embedded applications for macOS and Linux. In order to encourage the companies to adopt Flutter, Google is creating a chunk of Flutter content and is also promoting and speaking about it. It is true that Flutter prospect is not very high in these days, but if you can learn this framework and can become an expert of it, then in future, you will get a plethora of benefits when it will become popular. Flutter is already a part of Google’s new Fuschia operating system project, so you can expect a scintillating future of Flutter in the upcoming days. At present, the downside of Flutter is the lack of a templating language. People who have an adequate knowledge are using XML based templates and till now, this is the most comfortable way to develop views.
You Might Also Like: 20 BEST REACT DEVELOPMENT TOOLS FOR DEVELOPERS IN 2018
Ionic 4: You should know that Ionic framework is a complete open-source SDK for hybrid mobile application development. Built on top of Angular.js and Apache Cordova, Ionic provides tools and services for developing hybrid mobile apps using Web technologies like CSS, HTML5, and Sass. Ionic primarily uses the WebView in order to display content, with the WKWebView now shipping as standard. Ionic applications on iOS saw the substantial performance and stability improvements as compared to the previous UIWebView. Ionic is no longer dependent on Angular. This is because of the higher adoption with the ability to mix and match technology stacks. A prime strength of Ionic is the documentation. A chunk of examples and subsequent preview inside of the browser allows for an easier learning curve. The Ionic CLI is easy to use and it is integrated with Cordova tightly. It means you can easily build an application for production or running it on a device. Ionic is a great choice who want to create both mobile and web version of their app.
Weex: This framework is developed by Alibaba and recently, it is picked up by the Apache Incubator which uses Vue.js or Rax to create native mobile applications. Weex has a playground that can be used to test or develop a prototype. Though it has an official Gitter Chanel, currently only one Chinese room is available. Since most of the examples and plugins are in Chinese, thus, people are not willingly adopting this framework. And, this is the main limitation of this framework.
- Native APIS: You can easily access Native APIs. It has the ability to take Swift and Java code from the Android/iOS documentation. By doing some small changes, you can comfortably access those features. In Native Script, most of the time you can use an already created third party plugin which implements the native functionality for you.
- Debugging: As a developer, very often you need to give your Chrome developers tools in order to debug a running application. But with NativeScript, you can use this for both iOS and Android. Using the debugger, you can do many things like inspecting errors, changing element properties, etc.
- NativeScript Sidekick: Tooling and the surrounding ecosystem are imperative specially when you have a large team. NativeScript Sidekick which provides a GUI to the NativeScript CLI with templates, plugins, and many more things. If you don’t want to remember every CLI command for your favourite tools, then Sidekick will help you to accomplish your job comfortably.
- NativeScript Playground: NativeScript Playground is suitable if you want to boot up a project from within the web browser. This is great if you want to share smaller examples or want to create prototypes. You can easily access the application by downloading the NativeScript Playground companion application on iOS and Android and then, can scan QR code.
- NativeScript-Vue: With NativeScript-Vue, you can get the power of NativeScript, but with the Vue rendering engine. If you want to practice your Vue skills, or if you have already written a lot of Vue but want a mobile application, then NativeScript-Vue is the first place from where you can start. You can access many features with plugins very simply. Code sharing is also possible with the NativeScript-Vue-web pack-template.
If you are planning to create a mobile application, then go for hybrid apps because they are the perfect solution to your problems. Moreover, hybrid app development is growing very rapidly and in 2018, a hybrid app developer will be boasted with a plethora of options. So, depending on your requirement, you can handpick any application framework which can happily meet all your demands and requirements.
Norjimm is a leading web application development company India and we strive to deliver the best-in-class service and has become the go-to partner in outsourcing for last 8+ years. And be sure, you are partnering with years of experience in unique projects. Contact Us Now!