The rise of Node.js and why it will rule enterprise software development for at least a decade
The popularity of Node.js is simply astounding over the past few years. As per Stack Overflow survey, Node.js went from 8% (2013) to 26 % (2017). In the past few years, nearly 190,000 Node.js modules have been added by the developers. Some of the core reasons for Node.js adoption in enterprise environments are performance, agility, versatility, productivity etc.
The future of Node.js, 2018 is very scintillating. What are reasons that developers and CIOs can trust on Node.js? Let’s disinter the facts.
2. Supports agile development: It is true that Node. Js supports agile development. With this technology, the app can be easily modified for new requirements without any hassle and effort. But on the other hand, other traditional technologies are unyielding and thus, it would be very difficult to introduce a new feature or an enhancement. The prime feature of the agile development is the app is developed in installments. The technology gives flexibility to developers. They can easily break the entire application into several groups as per requirements. So, if a change is needed in a particular group, that can easily be done without hampering the entire application.
3. Reduces development time and increases performance: Companies are choosing Node.js for large projects because it saves you from the pain of translating your code. If you use Node.js, then this will help you in reusing your templates. By reusing your templates, you can lessen the size of your app and also minimizes the number of bugs. Reusing the templates will certainly diminish your overall all development time and cost. And, in this way, it will also help you to increase your performance.
7. Node.js modules: Node.js comes with an array of built-in modules which you can use without any installation. Below, we are mentioning node.js modules.
- Assert( gives a set of assertion tests)
- Buffer (handle binary data)
- Child-process (run a child process successfully)
- Cluster ( divide or split a single node process into numerous process)
- Events (handle events)
- http ( This helps Node.js to act as an HTTP server)
- https (This helps Node.js to act as an HTTPS server)
- Domain (handle unhandled error)
- Fs (handle file systems)
- Net ( create servers and clients)
- Path (to define path files)
- Stream (handle streaming data properly)
- Url (to parse URL strings)
You Might Also Like: 7 WAYS BIG DATA ANALYTICS IS CHANGING HOTELS AND THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY
8. Node.js supports over REST, GraphQL and WebSocket servers: REST is an architectural style which is used for designing network applications. Node.js is applauded because it can quench the demand for building apps with APIs that can connect to the backend and handle large and intricate data volumes efficiently. Indeed the focus on reusable RESTful APIs, as the most flexible way to architect large-scale software systems, has helped Node.js to become so popular among the developers.
GraphQL is a query language which is developed by Facebook. This provides a common interface between the server and the clients for data manipulation and fetching. Node.js supports GraphQL.
Node.js is an outstanding product and it is ideal for single-purpose web servers. WebSocket’s demands it’s own backend application to communicate with the server side. And, thus, you need to write single-purpose server and for this purpose, nothing is better than Node.js.
These are some reasons for the rising popularity of Node.js among the enterprises.
The future of Node.js
By seeing the increasing popularity of Node.js, even the most orthodox parts of the enterprise IT community have agreed that Node.js is quickly maturing and is ready for enterprise framework. It possesses a stable core, with backward compatibility that is maintained across most of the versions, and the ability to run real solutions in production for the large companies.
Though Node.js can’t replace other programming languages, it has already established its place as one of the tools for enterprise software development. This tool will certainly rule for at least a decade. Node.js has shown some interesting promises in the field of Internet of Things implementations. So, it can be concluded that the future of Node.js is very bright and dazzling and it will go to stay longer in the realm of IT.
Norjimm is a leading software development company India with many prestigious clients in different parts of the world. We aim at providing the out of box solutions to our clients with latest technologies that are put to use in the web development and mobile app development.
Contact Us Today to get the best web app and mobile development services.